Monday 23 June 2014

THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY

I can still see it in my dreams, I can't get it out of my head and I have absolutely no idea how it will either get in my closet or stop haunting me. It was this extremely hot Thursday afternoon with too many people surrounding you - mostly tourists - and I was walking around town with sweat stains on my forehead and probably my back, hoping others wouldn't notice. You're desperately grasping for a well air-conditioned room, a glass of ice water and chairs that you're legs won't stick to due the excessive sweat production. 

The first time I saw it, it felt like a garden full of butterflies had been opened in my stomach, this warm feeling. It looked like it had an aura of light around it. You know that minute that when you lock eyes with someone on the street and for a minute the world just stops? There is no noise, no people, it's just you and that person and nothing else matters? When I first saw this dress, that's what it was like, that's what it felt like. The only difference is that it didn't have eyes. I haven't seen anything in magazines, runways, websites that reminded me of that dress. It was this perfect, boyish, wide but hugging at the same time, black gown. The dress. You're convinced that, by wearing it, you will be thinner, more beautiful and most important, incredibly confident (not arrogant). You could rule the world. And now I will never have it... 

No comments:

Post a Comment